Building a Sustainable Future
Building a Sustainable Future: Macro to Micro
Join NFRC for our virtual Sustainability Sessions as we take macro look at future weather patterns and predictions; understand how the built environment is responding to climate change; down to the micro level with cutting-edge innovations in solar glass.
NFRC is committed to advancing continuous improvement of windows, doors, and skylights, contributing to making buildings more comfortable and energy-efficient.
NFRC empowers people to create better buildings, increasing public awareness of energy efficiency and environmental responsibility, thereby enriching the wellness of those who choose NFRC certified fenestration products.
NFRC establishes fair, accurate and credible energy efficiency ratings for windows, doors, and skylights.
Get a copy of NFRC’s Carbon Emissions Summary Report here.
Sustainability and Environmental Responsibility
NFRC is committed to sustainable business practices and reducing the environmental impact of our facility and operations.
- NFRC online meeting app for meetings eliminates the need for printed programs and other materials
- NFRC recycles all paper, cardboard, glass, and plastic
- Office location was selected to require the least amount of commuting for staff
- Telecommuting is offered to reduce auto emissions
- Daylighting used to reduce need for artificial lighting
- Bottleless water cooler reduces single use plastic water bottles
- Measures taken to ensure efficient business travel, through teleconferencing, ridesharing and carpooling
- 2019 Fall Membership Meeting – Charlotte, NC. Donation to support Trees Charlotte
- 2020 Spring Meeting – College Park, MD. Donation to support the Chesapeake Bay Foundation
NFRC Environmental Team
The NFRC Environmental Team is a staff-led group that identifies and implements measures to improve the environmental performance of our facility and operations.
DMW 2019 Green Awards recipient NFRC received the honor for making its mark on the green market for empowering people to compare windows, doors, and skylights that can help make homes and buildings more comfortable and energy-efficient.
2021 Sustainability Sponsorship Opportunities
Expand your reach and support NFRC’s sustainability efforts all year with 2021 annual sponsorship opportunities.
NFRC is a proud member of the USGBC
Member of the MD Green Registry