Purchasing windows, doors, and skylights is a significant investment and complex purchase decision. Everyone wants attractive and efficient products, but very few know what to look for at the shelf. That’s where we come in.
The NFRC is an independent non-profit organization that establishes objective window, door, and skylight energy performance ratings to help you compare products and make informed purchase decisions in the following ways:
- Communicating the energy performance of products using the NFRC label
- Helping you understand the different categories of energy performance
- Providing tips, tools, and educational resources
- Narrowing your product search through our NFRC Certified Product Directory
- Delivering friendly, expert support
The NFRC does not do the following:
- Sell, service, or recommend products, or endorse manufacturers. It simply provides objective energy performance ratings so you can make more informed decisions
- Install or guarantee the performance of improperly installed NFRC-certified windows, doors, and products
- Service warranties, provide rebates, or tax incentives
- Establish or enforce building codes
Mission: NFRC is committed to advancing continuous improvement of windows, doors, and skylights, contributing to making buildings more comfortable and energy efficient.
Vision: NFRC empowers people to create better buildings, increasing public awareness of energy efficiency and environmental responsibility, thereby enriching the wellness of those who choose NFRC certified fenestration products.
For more information on NFRC, read our annual report.