Purchasing windows, doors, and skylights is a significant investment and complex purchase decision. Everyone wants attractive and efficient products, but very few know what to look for at the shelf. That’s where we come in.
The NFRC is an independent non-profit organization that establishes objective window, door, and skylight energy performance ratings to help you compare products and make informed purchase decisions in the following ways:
- Communicating the energy performance of products using the NFRC label
- Helping you understand the different categories of energy performance
- Providing tips, tools, and educational resources
- Narrowing your product search through our NFRC Certified Product Directory
- Delivering friendly, expert support
The NFRC does not do the following:
- Sell, service, or recommend products, or endorse manufacturers. It simply provides objective energy performance ratings so you can make more informed decisions
- Install or guarantee the performance of improperly installed NFRC-certified windows, doors, and products
- Service warranties, provide rebates, or tax incentives
- Establish or enforce building codes
Mission: The NFRC serves the public by driving widespread usage of fair, accurate, and credible energy performance ratings, serves members by giving them a voice in the ratings development process, and serves the industry by creating an environment of competition that drives energy performance.
Vision: We envision a future where every window, door, and skylight purchase decision is made using the NFRC label to evaluate energy performance.
For more information on NFRC, read our annual report.