The NFRC Business Analyst is a position charged with supporting the NFRC programs team. The team member who fills this role provides a vital link between the NFRC’s community of Enterprise Level Applications (ELAs) end users, the software development team, and fellow NFRC staff.
The incumbent is required to assist with documentation and analysis of current business processes, identification and evaluation of technical solutions, communicating business cases for value adding change proposals, testing software changes, and providing tier 1 help desk support to end users.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Serve as a technical consultant at various levels of the organization; with the primary aim of eliciting requirements from stakeholders, assisting with requirements organization, and translation of new software or proposed changes to NFRC ELAs.
• Serve as subject matter expert to various task groups, subcommittees, and committees in the NFRC membership community.
• Assist with the planning and monitoring of software development projects; specified duties include but are not limited to building of use cases for new or proposed changes to NFRC software, development of workflow diagrams, performance of user acceptance testing in all roles, and regression testing.
• Perform basic investigation, and troubleshooting of issues for end users of the Certified Products Database Management Suite (CPDMS) and Component Modeling Approach Software Tool (CMAST) enterprise applications and associated products (Window and Therm) to find resolutions or escalate to appropriate NFRC staff.
• Develop and present training to end users of NFRC ELAs.
• Help to establish and maintain a central knowledgebase for support questions and issues.
• Communicate learnings to stakeholders internal and external to NFRC.
Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information technology, or business field with a concentration in a related technical discipline.
• 3-5 years of experience as an integral member of a software or systems development team; focus on planning and analysis.
• Intimate understanding of the SDLC, having contributed through all phases of a software development project.
• Strong technical writing skills; as they apply to drafting user manuals, process diagrams, workflow diagrams, requirements documents, software release notes, documenting use-cases, development of test plans.
• Project management or product development in background.
The ideal candidate would have experience in one or more of the following areas; a non-profit association, the fenestration industry, or information security. In addition, the candidate’s experience should demonstrate the following:
• Ability to work on cross-functional teams, with and managing external vendors.
• A high degree of success serving in a technical support role; qualifying experience could include an entry level help desk position.
• Planning and analysis work should include projects focused on developing applications for the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Candidates for this position would benefit from possessing advanced knowledge in the following areas:
• Programming languages (e.g. Visual Basic.NET, C# etc.).
• Database technologies (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL etc.).
• A working knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. SAAS).
• The Microsoft stack.
Personal and Professional Attributes
This individual will understand and have a commitment to the philosophy, mission, values, and vision of NFRC. Other attributes include the following:
• Detail oriented, but can balance quality versus getting results.
• Creative, and open minded in pursuit of goals. Must be willing and able to adopt and adapt to new methods in a fluid environment.
• Skilled in decision making, decisive, yet is willing to adjust when a result is less than optimal.
• Must be able to communicate with confidence, and clarity, with stakeholders across the organization, who possess various levels of technical knowledge; including fellow staff, and industry volunteers.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills, with a passion for problem solving and investigation.
• Highly effective working independently, but knows when to collaborate with others in pursuit of goals.
• Customer focused and service oriented.
This position will be working out of our headquarters office located in Greenbelt, MD
NFRC is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. NFRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.
Interested in this position, forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com